As the sun dips below the horizon and the Sabbath stillness envelops us, let’s embark on a journey into the transformative message of Isaiah 61:1-10-62:3. Today’s Sabbath Reconnection centers around the theme of being “Called by a New Name,” and we’ll intertwine this exploration with the soothing embrace of aromatherapy using the “I Am Peace” essential oil blend from the I Am Affirmation Collection.
Verse-by-Verse Personal Bible Study
1. Isaiah 61:1-3 – The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me: In these verses, we encounter the promise of the Spirit’s anointing, bringing good news, healing, and freedom. As we enter our Sabbath rest, reflect on the areas of your life where you need God’s anointing for healing and liberation. Invite the Spirit into those spaces.
2. Isaiah 61:10 – I will greatly rejoice in the Lord: Verse 10 invites us to rejoice greatly in the Lord, donning garments of salvation. Take a moment to celebrate the redemptive work of Christ in your life. Consider the weight of the old garments you’ve shed and the freedom found in God’s salvation.
3. Isaiah 62:1 – For Zion’s sake, I will not keep silent: God calls us not to keep silent but to declare His truth. Reflect on how you can be a voice for God’s justice, love, and righteousness in your community. How can your words and actions reflect the glory of God?
4. Isaiah 62:2 – The nations shall see your righteousness: Imagine a world where righteousness is evident to all. Contemplate how your life can be a testament to God’s righteousness, impacting those around you. Consider practical ways to live a righteous life that reflects God’s glory.
5. Isaiah 62:3 – You shall be a crown of beauty: In verse 3, we are promised to be a crown of beauty in the Lord’s hand. Embrace your identity in Christ, acknowledging the beauty that comes from His transformative work. How can you live out this beauty in your relationships, work, and daily interactions?
Essential Oil Blend: I Am Peace from the I Am Affirmation Collection
Now, let’s integrate aromatherapy into our Sabbath Reconnection. The “I Am Peace” blend features:
Chamomile: Known for its calming properties, chamomile brings peace to the mind and soul, aligning with the Sabbath rest we seek.
Lavender: This versatile oil promotes relaxation and spiritual balance, creating a serene atmosphere for contemplation.
Geranium: Encouraging emotional balance, geranium helps open the heart to deeper spiritual connections.
Grapefruit: With its bright and uplifting aroma, grapefruit enhances our mood and uplifts the spirit during our Sabbath reflections.
Mandarin: Known for its joy-inducing qualities, mandarin helps create a peaceful and positive space for spiritual practice.
Ways to Use the Essential Oil Blend During Spiritual Practice
- Diffusion: Add a few drops of the I Am Peace blend to your diffuser. Allow the calming aroma to fill your space as you engage in prayer and meditation.
- Anointing: Dilute the essential oil blend with a carrier oil and anoint your wrists or temples. Use this time for personal prayer and reflection.
- Bath Ritual: Add a few drops of the blend to your bath for a tranquil and spiritually uplifting experience. Let the soothing scents envelop you as you soak in the Sabbath rest.
- Personal Inhalation: Inhale the aroma directly from the bottle or your palms before engaging in spiritual practices. Allow the fragrance to center your thoughts and calm your spirit.
In the embrace of Isaiah 61:10-62:3, I am a living testament of God’s transformative power. I am adorned with His joy, righteousness, and beauty. I shine forth as a crown of His divine love and grace.
As we conclude our Sabbath Reconnection, let the truth of being “Called by a New Name” resonate within you. Embrace the promise of transformation in Christ, shedding the old and stepping into the new. May the calming embrace of the “I Am Peace” essential oil blend amplify your spiritual experience, bringing peace, joy, and beauty to your Sabbath rest.
Note: When using essential oils, ensure you follow proper dilution guidelines and consider any personal sensitivities or allergies.