Welcome to another enriching Sabbath Reconnection message, where we delve into the transformative power of God’s Word. Today’s exploration is rooted in 2 Peter 3:8-15a, guiding us through the profound truth that in the divine pauses of life, God is actively at work, shaping and transforming our lives.
Personal Bible Study: Explore 2 Peter 3:8-15a
Verses 8-9 – God’s Eternal Perspective and Patience
Peter begins by unraveling the eternal perspective of our Almighty God. “With the Lord, one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day.” This is not a mere mathematical equation but a profound insight into God’s transcendence over time. The divine pause is not a sign of slowness on God’s part but a manifestation of His patience. He desires that none should perish but that all should reach repentance.
Verses 10-13 – The Day of the Lord
Peter paints a vivid picture of the coming day of the Lord—a day marked by the dissolution of the heavens and the earth. In the face of this reality, we are called to holy living and godliness. The divine pause, rather than a standstill, is an invitation to prepare for the imminent return of our Lord.
Verses 14-15a – Be Found Without Spot
In these verses, Peter encourages us to be diligent, living in peace and without spot or blemish. The divine pause is an opportune time for self-reflection and alignment with God’s will. As we await the day of the Lord, let us be found in Him, at peace and without spot.
I Am Peace: Essential Oil Blend from the I Am Affirmation Collection
– Chamomile: Known for its calming properties, chamomile promotes peace and relaxation.
– Lavender: A versatile oil, lavender brings a sense of calm and balance, aiding in spiritual practices.
– Geranium: With its balancing effects, geranium promotes emotional well-being and tranquility.
– Grapefruit: This uplifting oil adds a touch of brightness and positivity to the blend.
– Mandarin: Known for its soothing and calming properties, mandarin enhances the overall sense of peace.
– Chamomile: Associated with calmness and inner peace.
– Lavender: Symbolic of purity, peace, and spiritual healing.
– Geranium: Represents balance, harmony, and emotional well-being.
– Grapefruit: Brings positivity, joy, and a renewed sense of energy.
– Mandarin: Encourages tranquility and a connection with the divine.
Ways to Use I Am Peace during Spiritual Practice
1. Diffusion: Add a few drops to your diffuser during prayer or meditation sessions for a tranquil atmosphere.
2. Topical Application: Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to pulse points before spiritual practices.
3. Anointing: Use it as an anointing oil during moments of consecration and dedication.
4. Inhalation: Inhale the aroma deeply to center yourself and promote a sense of peace.
As we meditate on 2 Peter 3:8-15a and engage with the I Am Peace essential oil blend, let us embrace the divine pauses in our lives. They are not moments of stagnation but opportunities for transformation.
May the fragrance of peace permeate your spiritual practices, and may you find yourself anchored in the assurance that God is actively at work, shaping and transforming your life in the divine pause.
The I Am Peace essential oil blend is available in our I Am Affirmation Collection for those seeking a sensory enhancement to their spiritual practices.